Saturday, December 5, 2009

The December kit...

The December kit is filled to the top with wonderful treasures that will allow you to create, create, create. Included in the kit are these wonderful Making Memories Paper Shreds that can be used for so many different things. I decided to cut apart the strip and use a few of the words on some cards. The strip has the following words: love, dream, wish, and enjoy...




For my first card I created a flower from a sheet of the 7 gypsies pattern paper in the kit. I cut two circles from the paper and then cut slits to the center of the circle. I used a paintbrush to curl the edges of the petals inward. I repeated this for my smaller flower using the reverse side of the pattern paper. I then placed the smaller flower inside the larger flower. I used some of the Graphic 45 pattern paper to cover my card front and added one of the "love" words cut from the shreds for my sentiment on my card:



For my next card I decided to create a scene using the reindeer ribbon that was also in the kit... I created a house using some of the Making Memories pattern paper....I chalked the night sky...added the reindeer...and used the "wish" shred for part of my sentiment...I created the "holiday" one with a scrap piece of paper. I added some extra sparkle with some chunky glitter on my rooftop and on places where the snow may have landed...



I think you'll agree that these shreds can be used for a LOT of different things...

Happy holidays.....Lynda

5 comments:

I AM A Scrapaholic said...

Lynda these are fabulous cards!
love love love the flower!

Sandi said...

OMGOSH LYNDA!!!!!!!! LOVE THESE!!!! That flower is AWESOME! and that scene with the reindeer is ADORABLE!!!! You did a FABULOUS job chalking!!!!!!

Linda Beeson said...

Oh, the flower is wonderful!

dstandard said...

Awesome Lynda! These are soo cool!

Cindy Groh said...

Love the snow:)