Monday, June 9, 2008

Some "GOOD THINGS"!

I get to tell you about a couple things today that are just plain "GOOD THINGS". We scrappers have a knack at finding new supplies that we sooooo need and so here are a couple more.
First - Core'dinations cardstock
Second - Autumn Leaves clear flourish stamps

Just the name Core'dinations tells you something about what sets this cardstock apart from the rest - it has a "CORE". They have a wonderful selection of colors and the paper has a great look and feel but each color comes with it's own CORE so even with this dark brown paper that I used for my two cards, the CORE is a lighter brown color. Even if you only wanted to use this cardstock as your main cardstock, it is so worth it but the added feature of the matching CORE makes for something fun to play with. When you tear or sand this paper, that CORE color is exposed. For my first card, I embossed a design into it with my Cuttlebug embossing plates and then I sanded that design so the sandpaper took off the high points of the embossed design, exposing the other color.

For this card, I used the Tim Holtz Tonic paper distresser on the edges and that just slightly exposed the CORE shade.
This card also gives you a glimpse into what makes having a flourish stamp or two a "good" thing. I say a stamper just can't have enough flourish stamps, they are so versatile. For this example, I simply stamped this Autumn Leaves Flourish stamp one time on a coordinating paper and cut that out. I then accented it with bronze Stickles
For this card, I used my flourish stamp to basically create my own background paper. I used a Dream Street paper from the June I Am A Scrapaholic kit and stamped the one flourish repeatedly using a green ink until my paper was completely full. I gave the design a little bit of accent with a green watercolor. That was it, I now had my 0wn piece of paper to accent my card.
You know you want these!!! Linda


2 comments:

I AM A Scrapaholic said...

LINDA!!!!!
These are amazing!
Love, love, love them!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

AWESOME cards Linda!!!